Change Default Catalog Settings
Lake Formation starts with the "Use only IAM access control"
settings enabled for compatibility with
existing AWS Glue Data Catalog behavior. Follow these steps to disable those settings to enable fine-grained access control
with Lake Formation permissions.
- Open the AWS Lake Formation console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/lakeformation.
- In the navigation pane, under Data catalog, choose Settings.
- Clear both check boxes and choose Save.
- In the navigation pane, under Permissions, choose Admins and database creators.
- (Optional) If you see IAMAllowedPrincipals group under Database creators, select the
IAMAllowedPrincipals group, and choose Revoke. The Revoke permissions dialog box
appears, showing that IAMAllowedPrincipals has the Create database permission. Choose Revoke.