How It Works?
AWS Lake Formation uses other AWS services to create and manage data lakes. Lake Formation calls AWS API operations to perform the following tasks:
- Register Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) buckets and paths as your data lake.
- Ingest data into the data lake.
- Populate the Data Catalog with metadata to organize databases and tables and point to underlying data stores.
- Grant and revoke access to both metadata and data.
- Search and discover data sources.
In this section, we’ll cover the following topics: