- Run the Cfn template as lf-admin, Password: Password1!
NOTE: This template is created for the us-east-1 region (N. Virginia) and will not work in other regions.
Executing the CloudFormation template
Follow these steps to get to know more about this CloudFormation template and execute the template.
- The CloudFormation template will take 2 parameters.
- The CloudFormation stack will roughly take 4-5 minutes to complete.
- Once the stack creation is completed, your AWS account will have all the required resources to run this exercise.
- CFN template will create the following resources:
- 2 IAM users: glue-dev-user and glue-admin with Password: Password1!
- 1 Role: AWSGlueServiceRole-gluedemo
- Cloud9 service to use CLI commands
- IAM Policies: AthenaAccessPolicy, LakeFormationDataAccess, GlueFullReadAccess, GlueProdPolicy, GlueTestPolicy, GlueCrawlerPolicy
- 2 S3 buckets: lf-data-lake-bucket-athenaresults-[AccountID]and lf-data-lake-bucket-glue-lf-migration-[AccountID]
- S3 bucket policies
- 2 Athena Named Query: 1 for Prod and 1 for Test
- 2 Glue Databases: 1 for Prod and 1 for Test
- 2 Glue crawler jobs that will extract schema for "amazon reviews" data and add the metadata to glue catalogue